Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Plan B. Or should I say Plan D?

I'm clearing out the fog and putting this blog to better use. On to Plan D- Dinnertime Showdown.
Seems to me that every night I ask the same question- What am I having for dinner? I consider myself a very capable cook, yet I always have the hardest time coming up with the weekly menu. I am definitely more of an on the fly kinda cook rather than a recipe follower and I think this where the problem lies. I can never remember what I made because there is no record typically.
So here is the plan: post a photo, and possibly a description, of my dinner every night. And yes, this includes the embarrassingly frequent burger or take out. Perhaps this will work as a new diet plan as well as a menu planning guide? I can shame myself into eating better! Woo!
Currently, thanks to my dairy-allergic, breastfed daughter, all meals will be dairy-free. But not vegan. We like the meat around here. And thanks to my culinary genius of a husband, meals are likely to feature his homemade sausages, bacon and delightful BBQ. (Yes, I said HOMEMADE BACON. The BLT's with that stuff are heavenly!) (Yup... healthy eating... hee) O is also just beginning to eat solids and I will most likely talk about baby friendly recipes and modifications to recipes. I am very excited to begin the challenge of raising an adventurous eater! No chicken nuggets and goldfish crackers for that girl, she's eating real food. I can't wait to share my and my husband's love of food and cooking with her.
This is really for my benefit, but perhaps someone else will enjoy being a fly on the wall at our dinner table. Just don't land on my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment